Matt Healy Reveals Menu at New Restaurant: Opens Friday
Yorkshire-born chef Matt Healy has revealed the menu at his new Leeds restaurant, ‘Matt Healy at The Foundry’, ahead of the doors opening on Friday.
The restaurant officially re-opens on Friday 04 May following a two-week refurbishment of the Grade II listed building. The aesthetic remains true to The Foundry’s past while bringing it up to date with a modern finish, and the dishes boast the best of seasonal British produce – simple dishes, many with five ingredients at most, packed with flavour.
The menu will include:
- Warm sourdough with Pedro Ximenez balsamic vinegar
- Cecina smoked and cured with truffle oil
- Asparagus with wild garlic, peas, and duck egg
- Hand-cut beef tartare, yolk, and blue cheese and onion toastie
- Baby chicken Kiev with wild garlic and duck fat potato
- Hake with confit fennel and charred clementine puree
- Crème brûlée doughnut
Owner and Head Chef Matt Healy said: “We’ve put in so much hard work behind the scenes these past few months, and we’re so excited to open the doors to the people of Leeds – just in time for the Bank Holiday weekend.
“We’ve created a menu of simple food with big flavours. There’s a selection of small plates plus larger dishes and amazing puds, and we’ll be offering a Sunday roast that I’m proud to put my name to. We can’t wait to see you there.”
For more information, sample menus, and to book, visit www.mhfoundry.co.uk.