Be Resilient - a one-off workshop for HIV positive people
Dealing with being HIV+ is an ongoing process – it doesn’t go away once you are undetectable or fully out as positive. The way we think about things affects the way we handle situations and relationships and this can impact negatively on our mental and physical health.
The workshop will introduce techniques and strategies which can be effectively utilised to deal with setbacks and to build and reinforce our emotional resilience.
· An introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation
· How to use breathing techniques to relieve stress and anxiety
· The impact that our thoughts and beliefs can have on our general wellbeing – for good and bad
· The origins and use of positive affirmation and power of the mind
· An introduction to visualisation and mental rehearsal for change, confidence and empowerment
The workshop is free and will be held on: Thursday 9th February 2017
Venue: Yorkshire Mesmac, 22-23 Blayds Yard, Leeds, LS1 4AD
Please tel: 0113 244 4209 to confirm your attendance as this will be a small group of people (limited places with confidentiality assured).