Picture Perfect Chance to make Leeds Proud
Leeds Pride has teamed up with VisitLeeds to launch an exciting new photo competition. They are calling for members of the Leeds LGBT+ community to submit photographs of themselves, family and friends demonstrating their own sense of pride.
The winning photo will feature on printed and online marketing material both in and out of the city, including the Leeds Pride event taking place on the 6th August 2017. The subjects of the photo will become the ‘Leeds Pride Family’ who will act as ambassadors for Leeds as an inclusive city. Their faces will help to promote events and activities taking place in Leeds over the next two years to raise the profile of the city as a friendly and welcoming destination. The judges’ favourite photos will be available to see on the Leeds Pride and VisitLeeds websites and social media pages.
As of today, entries can be uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, using the hashtag #LeedsPrideFamily and tagging @VisitLeeds and @LeedsPride. Images can also be sent in via email to Alex@leedspride.com. Photos should aim to fulfil at least one of the main themes, which are inclusivity, diversity and of course, pride. A group of people should feature in the photo, rather than individuals, and LGBT+ families and friends of all ages and ethnicities are encouraged to take part.
Judging will take place on 14th July 2017, where four images will be shortlisted with one overall winner. The panel of judges from Leeds Pride and VisitLeeds will be looking for happy faces, and photos that display personality and creativity. While they would love to see perfectly executed shots from artists and skilled photographers, they also welcome the selfies and spontaneous moments that people have captured on their phones. The competition is open to everyone, and it is hoped that the range of entries will be diverse in terms of subject, style and composition.
The photo competition forms part of a larger campaign to promote Leeds Pride, and an inclusive Leeds. The colourful Leeds Pride weekend is the perfect demonstration that Leeds is a vibrant, trendy and hospitable city that has something for everyone.
Head of VisitLeeds, Jennifer Young commented:
'Leeds continues to grow in popularity as a top class European city break destination. This is a welcoming city and the vibrancy and energy of the Freedom Quarter alongside the wealth of cultural activities to keep everyone entertained is unrivalled. The winners of this competition will help us promote Leeds as one of the most inclusive cities in the UK and Europe.'
Alex and Ali, Directors of Leeds Pride commented:
‘We are really excited to team up with VisitLeeds for this competition to search for the image that captures a ‘Leeds Pride Family’ and the spirit of Leeds Pride. Your Leeds Pride family could be anyone who you shared Leeds Pride with so get searching through your photos and send them in!’
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the competitions
2) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence about the competition will be entered into.
3) To enter, the participant will be required to post a photo to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram or email the photo to Alex@leedspride.com
4) All participants warrant, undertake and where applicable agree that:
2. no image entered shall be defamatory, contain nudity or be contrary to applicable law;
3. the permission of all persons featured in any image(s) uploaded have been obtained including parents/guardians of children under 18 years old;
4. the image(s) do not infringe any rights, but not limited to, copyright of any third party or any laws including privacy laws;
5. You consent to the Leeds Pride and Visit Leeds using the images entered on its own website, marketing material and any other social media site or other media form.
4) The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm on Thursday 13th July.
5) Entries after the closing date/time will not be counted.
6) By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
7) The winner agrees to the use of his/her photo in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.